Here's what's happening in 2017...
Coming soon: BEOWULF
A new interactive performance-game exploring the 1,000-year-old epic and asking why, after all this time, we still tell each other stories about the monsters that lurk in the dark...
On tour across the UK from January 2018... Stay tuned for details.
Developed at ⋄Battersea Arts Centre⋄ with support from ⋄Queen Mary University of London⋄, this adaptation presents the epic Beowulf - one of the oldest surviving poems in English - as a new performance-game. As in my other shows, the audience is in control, exploring a world of heroes and monsters and looking at the enduring power of stories.
The Unbuilt Room returned in an all-new version made for Oxford Playhouse. This new, larger-format version of the show was based on the city of Oxford and presented in a vault of Brasenose College as part of the Playhouse Plays Out programme > 20-22 March.
- A House Repeated's 2016-17 tour continues...
- A House Repeated's 2016-17 tour got underway...
- I contributed to ⋄The Museum of London's⋄ CITY | SPACE | VIDEO GAMES series, giving a short talk for "Art, Video Games and Digital Worlds" evening on 7/11. Plus I performed a new, larger-audience version of The Unbuilt Room before the talk.
- ⋄Zoe Bouras⋄ and I presented a new performance game for ⋄Home Live Art's⋄ At Home: A 21st Century Salon, part of the ⋄Brighton Festival⋄. Fri 20 & Sat 21 May at Brighton's amazing ⋄Angel House⋄.
- A House Repeated was at the ⋄Now Play This⋄ games festival at Somerset House, London on 3 April.
- A House Repeated - a "team" version of The Unbuilt Room - sold out a three week run at ⋄Battersea Arts Centre⋄ -- 7-24 October (Wed - Sat).
- ⋄We This Way⋄ was on tour in November & December... playing MAC (Birmingham), House (Plymouth), Stratford Circus (London), The Bike Shed Theatre (Exeter) and The Marlborough Theatre (Brighton)... more to come in 2016!
- ⋄The Unbuilt Room⋄ was at the ⋄Now Play This⋄ games festival at Somerset House, London on Saturday 5th September...
- ...and at ⋄Lakeside Theatre⋄ in Essex on 30th September and 1st October.
- ⋄We This Way⋄ was at ⋄Summerhall⋄ throughout August for the Edinburgh Fringe.
- ⋄The Unbuilt Room⋄ was at ⋄Latitude Festival⋄ on ⋄Sunday 19th July⋄.
- I presented a short talk about ⋄Rules and Regs⋄ at ⋄Ovalhouse's⋄ ⋄This Thing Called Artist Development⋄ on Friday 22nd May.
- I worked with ⋄PAN Studio⋄ on a prototype of ⋄The Lost Palace⋄ for ⋄Historic Royal Palaces⋄.