Here's what's happening in 2017...
PLUS! Coming soon: BEOWULF
A new interactive performance-game exploring the 1,000-year-old epic and asking why, after all this time, we still tell each other stories about the monsters that lurk in the dark... More details coming very soon!
Developed at ⋄Battersea Arts Centre⋄ with support from ⋄Queen Mary University of London⋄, this adaptation presents the epic Beowulf - one of the oldest surviving poems in English - as a new performance-game. As in my other shows, the audience is in control, exploring a world of heroes and monsters and looking at the enduring power of stories. Stay tuned for details...
The A House Repeated tour rumbles on...
The Unbuilt Room returned in an all-new version made for Oxford Playhouse. This new, larger-format version of the show was based on the city of Oxford and presented in a vault of Brasenose College as part of the Playhouse Plays Out programme > 20-22 March.
- A House Repeated's 2016-17 tour continues...
- A House Repeated's 2016-17 tour got underway...
- I contributed to ⋄The Museum of London's⋄ CITY | SPACE | VIDEO GAMES series, giving a short talk for "Art, Video Games and Digital Worlds" evening on 7/11. Plus I performed a new, larger-audience version of The Unbuilt Room before the talk.
- ⋄Zoe Bouras⋄ and I presented a new performance game for ⋄Home Live Art's⋄ At Home: A 21st Century Salon, part of the ⋄Brighton Festival⋄. Fri 20 & Sat 21 May at Brighton's amazing ⋄Angel House⋄.
- A House Repeated was at the ⋄Now Play This⋄ games festival at Somerset House, London on 3 April.
- A House Repeated - a "team" version of The Unbuilt Room - sold out a three week run at ⋄Battersea Arts Centre⋄ -- 7-24 October (Wed - Sat).
- ⋄We This Way⋄ was on tour in November & December... playing MAC (Birmingham), House (Plymouth), Stratford Circus (London), The Bike Shed Theatre (Exeter) and The Marlborough Theatre (Brighton)... more to come in 2016!
- ⋄The Unbuilt Room⋄ was at the ⋄Now Play This⋄ games festival at Somerset House, London on Saturday 5th September...
- ...and at ⋄Lakeside Theatre⋄ in Essex on 30th September and 1st October.
- ⋄We This Way⋄ was at ⋄Summerhall⋄ throughout August for the Edinburgh Fringe.
- ⋄The Unbuilt Room⋄ was at ⋄Latitude Festival⋄ on ⋄Sunday 19th July⋄.
- I presented a short talk about ⋄Rules and Regs⋄ at ⋄Ovalhouse's⋄ ⋄This Thing Called Artist Development⋄ on Friday 22nd May.
- I worked with ⋄PAN Studio⋄ on a prototype of ⋄The Lost Palace⋄ for ⋄Historic Royal Palaces⋄.
2 days, 2 polar opposite pieces. Theatre: Forced Entertainment's Dirty Work. Cinema: Baby Driver. Very different... both great!